A. Each minute on minute for 12 minutes (6 sets) alternate the following:
- M1: 5 Bench Press @ 42×2 Tempo AHAP Across
- M2: 200m Row @ 28-26-24-22-22-22 spm with tight, negative splits and high damper @ 6/9
B. Each minute on minute for 12 minutes (6 sets) alternate the following:
- M1: 2-5 Handstand Pushups
- M2: 8 Barbell Bentover Rows @ 41×2 Tempo AHAP Across
C. Every 2 minutes for 12 minutes complete the following:
- 8 Paralette Pushups @ 42×1 Tempo + 30 second Power Raises per side
For the Bench Press, 42×1 Tempo is 4 seconds on way down, two second hold at bottom, explosive on the way up (x) and 2 second hold at top. For the Bentover Row the Tempo is 4 seconds on the way down, 1 second hold at bottom, explosive on the way up (x) and 2 second hold at the top. Parallette Pushups can be done on heavy Kettlebells but feet (toes) must also be elevated to height of hands.
- ~12 minute Skill Breakout on Bench Press, Bentover Row and Handstand Pushup progression. The latter should consider the pre-fatigue of the Bench Press.
3 Rounds, 21-15-9 reps, for time of:
Challengers: Fran is arguably the most famous workout ever written. It is simple in structure and gets many degrees harder, especially mentally, the fitter one becomes. Tomorrow we will skill Thrusters and refine your Pull-up or Ring Row mechanics. Your primary focus tomorrow should be on the strength components of those two exercises with the ‘for time’ aspect again remaining a secondary concern. Be sure to log this one in your log book or BTWB because it is one of the most important benchmarks we use to measure your fitness improvement over time.